The Dante Alighieri Society of Denver established a scholarship program in 1985 to assist college students attending an institution in the Denver metropolitan area or in northeastern Colorado in advancing their study of classical music through study-abroad programs in Italy. These are one-time, nonrenewable awards, and the minimum award is $1000.
All documentation as noted must be submitted electronically and must be received no later than April 1, 2024.
Winners will be notified by April 15, 2024. Scholarships will be awarded at the Society's Annual Awards Luncheon on Sunday May 5th, 2024 (location to be announced). Winners must be present to receive their award and will be required to perform at the Awards Luncheon.
Selection of Winners
Winners will be selected based on vocal or instrumental talent in classical music, academic performance, quality of their proposed study-abroad program, non-academic activities and letters of recommendation.
To be awarded a scholarship
The student must be accepted in an established study-abroad program in Italy and email the following by April 1, 2024 to: email@example.com
- The completed application form
- A one-page essay about yourself, your academic goals and how this award will help further your appreciation of Italian culture
- A detailed description of your study-abroad program as well as a letter of acceptance to the program
- A recent 15 minute audio or video recording (video preferred) that includes a work by an Italian composer
The following items are required but must be submitted directly as indicated.
- An official college transcript, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two letters of recommendation on official letterhead, one of which must come from a music professor, emailed to: email@example.com.
Music Scholarship Application