The Dante Alighieri Society of Denver established a scholarship program in 1985 to assist college students attending an institution in the Denver metropolitan area or in northeastern Colorado in advancing their study of the Italian language and culture through study-abroad programs in Italy. These are one-time, non-renewable awards and the minimum award is $1000.
All documentation as noted must be submitted electronically and must be received no later than April 1, 2024.
Winners will be notified by April 15, 2024. Scholarships will be awarded at the Society's Annual Awards Luncheon on Sunday May 5th, 2024 (location to be announced). Winners must be present to receive their award.
Selection of Winners
Winners will be selected based on the quality of their essay, prior studies of the Italian language and culture, academic performance, quality of their proposed study-abroad program, non-academic activities, and letters of recommendation.
To be awarded a scholarship
The student must be accepted in an established study-abroad program in Italy and email the following by April 1, 2024 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The completed application form
- A one-page essay about yourself, your academic goals and how this award will further your appreciation of Italian culture
- A detailed description of your study-abroad program as well as a letter of acceptance to the program
The following items are required but must be submitted directly as indicated.
- An official college transcript, emailed to: email@example.com
- Two letters of recommendation on official letterhead, one of which must come from an Italian language instructor, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Scholarship Application